2013年5月15日 星期三

Grammar∣can't (couldn't) help + V-ing (忍不住); can't help but + V (不得不)



  • can't (couldn't) but + V 忍不住;不得不 I cannot but laugh. 我忍不住要笑。
    I can't but do it. 我不得不做。
    = I can't help but do it. = I can't help doing it.
    = I have no choice but to do it.
  • can't (couldn't) help but + V 原型動詞 I cannot help but be sorry. 我不得不感到遺憾。
    She couldn't help but keep crying. 她只是一直不停的哭。
    Ms. Yeah couldn't help but be angry at what one of her co-workers said at the meeting.
  • can not help + V-ing I can't help having my report card burnt when I see it.
    當我看到我的成績單時,我忍不住想把它燒了。
    I can not help thinking you are selfish. 我不得不認為你很自私。
    Since the pollution level is high today, people can not help breathing in car exhaust (廢氣).


  • She can't help but keep crying.
  • She can't help crying.= she can't but cry.


  • The article is so moving/touching that...
    I can't help tearing.
    I can't but tear.
    I can't withhold my tears.
    I can't hold back my tears.
    my tears start to fill my eyes.
  • 沒有留言:

    張貼留言